WoodWorks® Sizer is a software program that can be used to design entire structures or single members (joists, beams, columns and studs) using the full range of engineered wood products: glulam, prefabricated wood I‐joists, and structural composite lumber.
For sizing wood beams:
- Analyzes and designs simple and/or multiple span beams with cantilevers
- Automatically patterns live loads for multiple span beams
- Beams may be horizontal, sloped or have an oblique angle
- Specify deflection limits, lateral bracing, notch dimensions
- Species, grade, width, thickness and number of plys may all be specified as ’unknown’ in the input ‐ a list of suggested sections showing all the possibilities for a given span and loading arrangement will automatically be generated
- Analyzes and designs columns and studs in load‐bearing applications
- Columns may be designed for combined bending and axial loads
Please note that an updated version including glued laminated timber decking and cross-laminated timber panels will be available soon. A notice will be sent to all users.
Nordic Sizer Downloads
- Sizer Download Instructions(79 KB)March 14, 2013
- Nordic Sizer 5.2.1 USA(3000 KB)February 14, 2013
- Nordic Sizer 5.2.1 CDN(2000 KB)February 14, 2013